Tuesday, February 14, 2023

L. G. Samson Novella Well Underway

 I'm making some fun progress on my new novella.  I'm about 10k words in and really enjoying it.  Lawrence George Samson is a character I introduced in my short story "Old Forests and Older Things Within," (also available at Smashwords for free in a variety of formats) and he's my take on a pulp hero.  Forced into hiding after an incident that consumed the rest of his scientific team, he's put together a good suite of skills and technology to root out and extinguish all sorts of nasty creatures that threaten mankind.

Set in a semi-near future, Lawrence uses his advanced tech and custom pharmaceuticals to give himself an edge against his adversaries.  In the novella I'm writing, he's up against a species of parasitic plant that turns you into a deadly seed factory... he manages to save one young man, Eddie Sanchez, and the two go on an adventure across the U.S. to stop an outbreak!  After escaping one dangerous situation, they're in a mad chase to find and catch another vector before it can germinate!

I'm hoping to finish this novella up this month, and I'll post when I have a first draft finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment