Friday, January 20, 2023

Missed Contact released!


My new novella, Missed Contact, has just released!  It's only on Smashwords right now, but it should be appearing on the other platforms they work with once it's approved.  I'll edit this post and add more links when that happens.

Edit: I've got a full store page for it now!

It's another adventure with the Misevelin Salvage crew from my first novella, The Hyacinth Rescue.  This time, they're looking for a survey team that stopped checking in while they were exploring a newly-discovered planet.  An old coworker from back when Aric was working at his uncle's company, Greg Ralchester, drops by the office to offer them the job.

What follows is an uncertain and tense experience as Aric, Bill, and Lew try to find the crew and get to the bottom of what happened to them.

I included a little worldbuilding in this one.  I actually have a pretty detailed set of ideas for the "universe" Aric & co. are working in, but I'm trying to not shoehorn anything in.  I managed to find some good places to make some little comments and hints that underscore their world.

There's a free sample available at the Smashwords link above, and the whole thing is just two smackers.  I hope anyone who gives it a look enjoys it!

No comments:

Post a Comment