Monday, August 5, 2024

Breakthrough!


Yesterday, I finally thought up an answer to a question I've been asking myself about my novel-in-progress for a while!

I finished my fourth draft a couple of weeks ago and wanted to give myself a little time and separation to give the book a fresher look next time I go back to it. (Plus, I was traveling last week and didn't get to do much thinking about writing)

I've mentioned before that the book takes place in my "Derelict Project" universe, and is about the salvage team that have appeared in two of my novellas and my most recent short story, but what I haven't talked too much about is that there are a few chapters that take place from the perspective of the people who need rescuing.

Up to this point, those chapters have been good, but a little filler-y. However, I was thinking about them and yesterday I came up with a few things to really make them much more interesting!

No spoilers, but I'm going to need to carefully plot out some things and make some significant additions to those chapters (which are my shortest ones, right now... two birds, one stone), because I think these changes and additions are going to be huge improvements.

No comments:

Post a Comment